Your privacy and security are important to us
Your privacy and security are important to us
At Hotelbeds Group, we are concerned about your privacy. This policy describes what, why and how we collect and use your personal data, how we protect it and how you can get in touch with us.
More to the point, this policy regulates the processing of data carried out by Hotelbeds USA, Inc., LMTd/b/a LastminuteTravel.com, LMTclub.com and EasyClickTravel.com, whose primary address is 5422 Carrier Drive, Suite 201, Orlando, Florida, USA (hereinafter “LMT” LMT”), as a controller of your data and a company of Hotelbeds Group, through this website (hereinafter, the “Website”).
1. What are the purposes and lawful basis of the processing of your data carried out by LMT?
The data that LMT requests or may request from you is necessary for the purposes described in this policy and failure to provide it may lead LMT to be unable to contact you or manage your requests.
LMT reserves the right not to respond or process requests that do not include all the data that is requested.
By providing LMT with your data, you guarantee the veracity of the same and accept that LMT may periodically requestthe review and update of personal data that you keep.
On this Website, you can find information that may be useful in order to learn about the services offered by LMT. In this sense, LMT will only request you and, therefore, will process the necessary data to provide you with the services you contracted or to be able to initiate and maintain a commercial and/or contractual relationship with you.
More to the point, the purposes for which your data may be processed by LMT and the lawful basis for that processing is as follows:
- Performance of a contract between you and LMT or application of pre-contractual measures:
- Manage the contractual relationship with you and ensure the provision of the contracted products and services, which includes both the management of reservations and services offered by LMT, as well as the service quality, billing, collection and withdrawal of the same. Said purpose includes the processing of bookings and payment of products and services through LMT, call centers, mobile communication systems based on GSM, GPRS or UMTS technology.
- Inform you of any confirmation and/or alteration on the bookings made via the website and/or the call center as well as sending you any other notifications that you might have specifically requested in connection with the contracted products and services, including by electronic means.
- Manage the commercial relationship with potential clients, attending to requests for information on products and services offered by LMT.
- Manage and process any legal claims, out-of-court claims and insurance claims received by LMT in relation to you.
Carry out commercial communications to you by any means, including electronics means, based on your browsing and/or consumption habits. Said communications may refer to advertising or promotional material on products and services that might be of your interest based on the aforementioned criteria.
- Legitimate interests of LMT:
- Carry out commercial communications related to products and services similar to those contracted by you. In this case, the legitimate interest of LMT would be to carry out direct marketing activities aimed at its clients, in accordance with Recital 47 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Conduct surveys and market studies to know the quality of our products or services and the preference of our clients. The legitimate interest of LMT is to improve the commercial offer and experience to its clients.
- Manage and administer the Website, as well as improve the browsing experience of the Website. The legitimate interest of LMT is to improve the efficiency of the Website.
Data processing coupled with mere navigation through the Website
In order to improve our services, to provide you with more relevant content and to analyze how visitors use this Website, we may use technologies, such as cookies or tracking software. Please be aware that in most cases we will not be able to identify you from the information we collect using these technologies.
2. Who are the third parties to which your personal data may be shared?
The personal data that you provide to LMT may be communicated to the following categories of recipients:
- Third parties to which LMT is obliged to transmit information, such as public authorities, in order to comply with the requirements of said authorities and the applicable regulations, as the case may be.
- Contracted services suppliers, solely for administration reasons and card fraud checks in order to complete your booking.
- Companies that are part of the Hotelbeds Group, with the purpose of being able to properly manage and optimize your contractual relationship as a result of the centralization of administrative and computer processes existing within the Hotelbeds Group.
Also, we inform you that the Hotelbeds Group can count on or collaborate with companies outside the European Union. In those cases, LMT, as a company of Hotelbeds Group, requires that these companies comply with the measures designed to protect personal data established in a binding contract, except in cases where the European Commission has determined that the country where said companies are located provide for an adequate level of protection of personal data.
Should you wish, you can obtain a copy of the measures required by LMT by contacting our Data Protection Officer by the contact details indicated below.
3. How does LMTprotect your data?
LMT has appropriate policies and has put into place technical and organizational measures to safeguard and protect your personal data against illegal or unauthorized access, loss or accidental destruction, damage, use and illegal or unauthorized disclosure.
At LMT, we will also take all reasonable precautions to ensure that our staff and employees who have access to your personal data have received adequate training.
In any case, please note that any transmission of data through the Internet is not completely secure and, as such, must be carried out at your own risk. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, LMT cannot guarantee the security of the personal data transmitted through this Website.
4. For how long does LMT keep your data?
The retention period of your data will be determined according to the duration of your contractual relationship with LMT and the deadlines defined by law. In this sense, the criteria that LMT uses to set the terms of retention of your data have been determined in accordance with the requirements established in the applicable legislation, regulations and guidelines, as well as the operational requirements of LMT related to the correct management of the relationship with its customers. Whenever you give your consent, your data will be kept up until a moment when you revoke said consent.
5. How can you exercise the rights over your personal data?
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, objection, limitation and portability, as well as to withdrawal at any time the consents you have previously given us, by mail Hotelbeds USA, Inc., 5422 Carrier Drive, Suite 201, orlando, Florida, USA or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Should you wish, you may also contact our Data Protection Officer as the contact details indicated below.
Furthermore, if appropriate, you can lodge a claim to your local data protection authority , especially if you consider that we have not adequately addressed your rights.
6. How can you contact us?
If you have questions or comments in relation to data protection matters, you may contact our Data Protection Officer, which contact details are as follows: email@example.com.